Pages

About Me

My photo
Durham, CT, United States

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Picture Me Crying

Why doesn't anyone take pictures of their kids while they're crying? It's crazy, really, considering how much time they spend doing it. And I don't mean babies. I haven't looked lately, but most of us probably have a picture of a crying infant somewhere in an album or box. It's the older kids, let's say eight and older. I think I might start photographing crying as a punishment for crying. If someone starts to cry, I'll grab the camera and take their picture. Simple. Then I'll show it to them. No one likes the look of themselves all tear-streaked, and wet-eyed. Maybe this way I could curb their enthusiasm for crying in general. Now I'm not talking about getting rid of crying altogether. It's fine for general disappointment, death of a pet, cancelled vacation, didn't get the lead in the school play, that sort of thing. But if you start crying because you have to get your homework done before soccer practice, then I just may take your picture. I may even blog about what precipitated the crying or post the photo on Facebook. By the way, if you do take pictures of your kids when they cry, I would love to see them.