Pages

About Me

My photo
Durham, CT, United States

Friday, January 22, 2010

Winter *ucks!

I feel as though I won't survive the rest of January with a positive mental attitude. It's weird how December seems to just fly by thanks to a few holiday decorations, a party or two and time spent buzzing through stores like a lunatic. It doesn't seem to matter how low the temperature drops in December either, I just clip along. But come January, things begin to look different. The first week or so, I'm good -I catch a little of that, "let's organize our whole life and things will be swell" syndrome. But after that, I'm done. February I can handle. Maybe it's the short month, or maybe I know that March always follows, and no matter how awful March has ever been, I still picture myself flying a kite wearing only a sweatshirt (and pants) come March. But until then, I'm taking long showers and looking really dumpy with lots of goofy mismatched layers, socks and slippers.