Pages

About Me

My photo
Durham, CT, United States

Thursday, August 27, 2009

First-Day Euphoria

Well, only half-way through the first day of school and I'm already relishing that good-time euphoric feeling. Like me, I bet you did a decent job of keeping the get-ready-for-another-school-year stress at bay during the last few days of summertime, but really we just wanted to pull the trigger and get into it again. Looming so near in the future leads to a sort of we might as well be back default setting. For me, I questioned whether I could really get up at 6:30 am, feed three kids, and pack 3 lunch sacks meanwhile giving the new pup enough exercise to hop back into her crate until lunchtime. Well I'm happy to say, I pulled it off and it feels good. It sure helps that we landed one of the most picture-perfect days in terms of sunshine and temperature in recent memory. And frankly, it doesn't matter a lick how I do the rest of the year. The first day is nearly over and the school hasn't called. My wee kindergartner is safely off the bus and all smiles. Dinner is being made as I type. Life is good.